Alher Mauricio Hernández
GIBIC Head and Associated Professor of Bioengineering Department
Title: Electronic Engineer, Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering
Phone: 574 219-85-89
Dr. Hernandez leads the Bioinstrumentation and Clinical Engineering Research Group (GIBIC) from the Universidad de Antioquia in Medellín, Colombia. Additionally, Since 2016 is member of the National Commission for Quality in Higher Education (CONACES) in the engineering field. He teaches subjects on Biomedical systems analysis at the Engineering Faculty in the UdeA. His courses at undergraduate, Master and PhD level are related to Linear and non linear Modeling and signal processing applied to biomedical systems.
His research activity focuses on modeling and simulation of the respiratory system to different stimuli, conditions and interaction with a mechanical ventilator. Recently, under his leadership a new research lines have been developed on image, signal processing and instrumentation for neurosurgery and neurodegenerative diseases. Important research projects on medical simulation models and biomedical devices are developed under his leadership.
- OchoaJF, Ruiz M, Valle D, Duque J, Tobon C, Alonso JF, Hernandez AM, Mananas MA, "Neurophysiological correlates in Mild Cognitive Impairment detected using group Independent Component Analysis," in Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), 2015 37th Annual International Conference of the IEEE , vol., no., pp.7442-7445, 25-29 Aug. 2015 doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2015.7320112
- Muñoz IC, Salazar MB, Hernández AM, "Exploring the usefulness of surface electromyography to evaluate the effect of PEEP on respiratory muscle activity during spontaneous ventilation," in Health Care Exchanges (PAHCE), 2015 Pan American , vol., no., pp.1-7, 23-28 March 2015 doi: 10.1109/PAHCE.2015.7173350
- Salazar Sánchez MB, Hernández AM, Cortes C, Serpa A, Mañanas MA, Agudelo Y, "Respiratory muscle activity in patients with acute organophosphorus poisoning," in Health Care Exchanges (PAHCE), 2015 Pan American , vol., no., pp.1-1, 23-28 March 2015 doi: 10.1109/PAHCE.2015.7173341
- Muñoz IC, Hernández AM, Hassani H, "Assessment of respiratory muscle coupling through correlograms and multivariable singular spectrum analysis in mechanically ventilated patients," in Health Care Exchanges (PAHCE), 2015 Pan American , vol., no., pp.1-1, 23-28 March 2015 doi: 10.1109/PAHCE.2015.7173337
- Sarmiento CA, Castaño FA, Hernández AM, Lemos JD, "Device for integration of clinical information of biomedical equipments," in Health Care Exchanges (PAHCE), 2015 Pan American , vol., no., pp.1-1, 23-28 March 2015 doi: 10.1109/PAHCE.2015.7173320
- Barreneche JG, Garcia JH, Serrano J, Brand J, Hernández AM, "Improvement of emergency services using technological surveillance and competitive intelligence," in Health Care Exchanges (PAHCE), 2015 Pan American, vol., no., pp.1-8, 23-28 March 2015 doi: 10.1109/PAHCE.2015.7173335
- Garcia JH, Hernández AM, Barreneche JG, "Methodology for metrological confirmation in health care institutions," in Health Care Exchanges (PAHCE), 2015 Pan American , vol., no., pp.1-7, 23-28 March 2015 doi: 10.1109/PAHCE.2015.71733
- Serna LY, Mañanas MA, Hernández AM, Marín JM, Benito S (2014) Novel Modeling of Work of Breathing for Its Optimization During Increased Respiratory Efforts, in IEEE Systems Journal ISSN: 1932-8184 issue 99, USA.
- Lemos JD, Hernandez AM, Soto-Romero G, Valade A, "Instrumented glove for skills assessment in neurosurgical simulation," in Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS), 2014 IEEE , vol., no., pp.308-311, 22-24 Oct. 2014 doi: 10.1109/BioCAS.2014.6981724
- Lemos JD, Hernandez AM, Soto-Romero G, Valade A, "Instrumented glove for in-hand movement tracking in neurosurgical simulation," in Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS), 2014 21st IEEE International Conference on , vol., no., pp.686-689, 7-10 Dec. 2014 doi: 10.1109/ICECS.2014.7050078